Monday, April 8, 2013

No evidence of a look-alike me



By Hobo Hudson

Critter Adoption and Rescue Effort (C.A.R.E.), our local no-kill animal shelter, a place where you want to end up if you ever get lost, was holding an off-leash pet fest in our town’s dog park last weekend. Mom went to it to report on it and to shoot photos, taking with her a notebook, a pen and a camera but not me. I begged her to let me come with her, but she said she wouldn’t be able to work having to keep a steady eye on me. I know I have some issues with big dogs. I always act preemptively toward them, expecting them to attack my mom. You can read all about it in my book The Richest Dog In Town, available at amazon.com.

Anyway, there was no arguing with Mom, and so, she went alone. Of course, without having me at her side, something had to happen to muddle up her mind. It never takes much to confuse Mom, and it didn’t surprise me when she told Dad she was sure she saw me stomping around the pet fest grounds. She said I looked as if I was on a mission, a mission to find her but didn’t recognize her. Then she noticed my tail, which was not my tail, and she became more and more confused. Finally, the dog she thought was me found his or her real mom, and they both took off.  

BOL, my mom can’t distinguish between her only doggy son and some other critter my size and color looking like a terrier mix! I rummaged through the photos Mom took at the pet fest but couldn’t find any dog who resembled me. I guess Mom was so shook-up that she forgot to preserve the evidence. Better for me that I remain one of a kind. 







 

0 comments:

Books

About Hobo


This was Hobo Hudson, my doggy brother, a little terrier mix with black fur. He became famous after his first attempt at writing stories, which was an article published in the newsletter of our local animal shelter, the same shelter in which I ended up years later before Hobo and his parents adopted me. Hobo’s fame quickly spread as he made a name for himself as a business dog and an adventurer. To keep his memory alive, my doggy sister, my three kitty siblings and I, Wylie Hudson, are continuing his blog. Our mom is the blog’s editor.

Powered by Blogger.