Thursday, February 16, 2017

Accepting applications


By Hobo Hudson

 
The latest fashion upheaval pulled me back out of retirement. I just can’t resist the opportunity and am ready to jump right into the rat race after another fashion designer—I don’t want to name any names—lost out.

When I ran across the fashion sample while perusing the business section of our newspaper, I knew it would be right up my alley. Even though it isn’t one of the designer’s trademarks that caught my eyes, it kindled my entrepreneurial spirit.

My jeans business, before I sold it to a British company, had been such a hit among the young folks that I’m sure this new line of fashion will follow suit. And the best part is, I would go back using the same kind of crew that I have experience with and that made my former business a success: cats.

Now, I already hear some of you ask: But what about all the headaches they gave you and the strikes they organized while they had been in your employment?

Well, I doubt it will happen this time. The care package for my employees will be to their satisfaction, and since there will be no shortage of cats eager to work for me, I’m sure the one who will stay employed won’t stir up trouble.

But now to the job description. The work would entail roughing up the edges of human garments. I haven’t quite decided yet on the wardrobe I will offer, but it will include any kind of pants, shirts, blouses and maybe skirts and dresses. Later, I might expand my line to home decoration, such as blankets, bed linens curtains, and so on. 

In the meanwhile, I’m taking applications from any cat interested in the job. I’m not discriminating, but cats who have been declawed won’t be able to do the ripping of the material, at least not to my liking. They can, however, apply for the less challenging job of flattening and evening up the ripped hemlines.

To give you an idea of what I have in mind, I include my own fashion sample my kitty sister and retired foreman, Pogo, was kind enough to do for me.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well my side kick Tabby Cat might be applying for one of your job openings dear Hobo... He and I could use some extra treat money around here. Seems the Mom wants to try and ration our treats. Pfft! What's up with that? (Loved your blog dear furiend you guys are master story tellers)

Love, Molly and my Mom

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, there are several of us here that are professional level shredders!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

If we can catch that darn cat who keeps hanging around in our back yard she is yours. We hate that thing.

Books

About Hobo


This was Hobo Hudson, my doggy brother, a little terrier mix with black fur. He became famous after his first attempt at writing stories, which was an article published in the newsletter of our local animal shelter, the same shelter in which I ended up years later before Hobo and his parents adopted me. Hobo’s fame quickly spread as he made a name for himself as a business dog and an adventurer. To keep his memory alive, my doggy sister, my three kitty siblings and I, Wylie Hudson, are continuing his blog. Our mom is the blog’s editor.

Powered by Blogger.