Thursday, July 26, 2012

Proverbs fit for a dog

By Hobo Hudson

I am a dog who finishes what he starts and doesn’t allow anything or anybody to put rocks in his path. Now, a rock literally has gotten the better of me, and for the first time in my life, I’m at my wits’ end.

I fell in love with a girl and failed to win her over. The cause for this total failure in my life was a rock, a solid and shiny granite, I gave her as a token of my love. Instead of sticking to my intuition offering her a ring containing a diamond, I relented after overhearing her and her girlfriend’s tittle-tattle about her hopes of receiving a ring with a big rock from me. Thinking she wanted a rock because it would symbolize a sturdy and lasting relationship, I was all for it and conformed to her wishes. She didn’t see it that way at all, but on the contrary, she felt insulted and ended our blossoming courtship.

Days have gone by and I’m crestfallen, full of heartache and unable to concentrate. In my despair, I pulled out my little book of inspiration and pawed through it to find words of consolation. My eyes quickly caught a proverb written by the English poet Alfred Lord Tennyson: “'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”


0 comments:

Books

About Hobo


This was Hobo Hudson, my doggy brother, a little terrier mix with black fur. He became famous after his first attempt at writing stories, which was an article published in the newsletter of our local animal shelter, the same shelter in which I ended up years later before Hobo and his parents adopted me. Hobo’s fame quickly spread as he made a name for himself as a business dog and an adventurer. To keep his memory alive, my doggy sister, my three kitty siblings and I, Wylie Hudson, are continuing his blog. Our mom is the blog’s editor.

Powered by Blogger.