Hobo's blog

Hobo Hudson, business dog, author and farmer, shares his latest news and stories about his life and gives prudent advice to his fellow dogs, cats and other animals—humans included.


Monday, April 4, 2011

Getting my fair share

By Hobo Hudson


Dad and I took a ride up to my bank this morning, and the teller gave me my dog bone for making Dad go to the bank. I carefully laid it on the seat and started barking at her. She asked Dad what I was barking about, and he told her that I was reminding her that she was out of dog bones the last time he came in. She picked up another bone and gave it to me to make up for the one I didn't get earlier.

I carefully laid it on the seat by the first one and started barking again, and she asked Dad again what I was barking about. Dad reminded her that I had to pay interest back when I started my business and needed a loan and that I thought it was only fair that she pay me interest for not having a bone the last time I came in, and so she gave me a half bone more.

Upon receiving it, I cheerfully began eating my loot. Yep, you’ve gotta stand up for your rights when you deal with those bankers.

0 comments:

Books

About

My name is Hobo Hudson. I’ve always considered myself a terrier mix, and I’m going to leave it at that. I used to share my mom’s website writing about my life, but Mom’s stories somehow got in my way. So, I deemed it more appropriate to open my own blog, which also allows me to engage my siblings in writing posts if I’m running short on time. After all, I’m a busy dog. My mom helps me with my blog now and then, but I think it’s only to safeguard my good reputation. Her website, newsandtales.com, contains some great stories.
My Photo
Bruny Hudson
Bruny Hudson, manager and editor of Newsandtales.com, assists as a consultant with Hobo’s blog.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.